Anyone in social media should take advantage of a Klout score. It measures your influence as a thought leader by using analytics. Scores range from 1 to 100. Public figures rank the highest. For example, President Obama hits 99. The average Klout score is 40. If you want to rank in the top 5 percent of all users, shoot for 63.
To increase your Klout score, engage. Create original content that others will share through retweets, comments, and likes. It’s best to practice social media etiquette. Do not ask people to retweet posts. When you post valuable information, sharing by users will grow organically.
Why should you care about this tool?
- You can measure online reach. An average score will motivate you to improve your performance on platforms.
- Achieving a high rank raises eligibility for Klout Perks, which permit access to top-brand products.
- If you own a business that promotes social media, savvy clients will research your score before hiring. That is, a solid Klout score attracts new customers.
- If you’re on the job hunt, potential employers may research your score.
- It’s a great way to seek out influencers worth following. This will lead to industry information and connections.
You can sign up for a free account within five minutes. There’s great satisfaction in watching your score shoot up. However, be patient. It takes time.
Categories: Social Media Smarts
Soul deep storyteller, poet, copywriter, and editor with a passion for wordplay, gardens and literature